PTA & INTERNAL PTA CLADDING
Plasma Transferred Arc (PTA) hardfacing is a versatile method of depositing high-quality metallurgical fused deposits on relatively low cost substrates.
The high energy plasma arc melts the surface of the base material, at the same time the powder filler material is inserted into the arc and also molten.
During solidification, a substance to substance bond between the filler material and the base material is created.
- Very low dilution with the base material
- Deposits which are tougher and more corrosion resistant, with the reduced opportunity of cracking or inclusions
- Powders can be mixed to produce ideal qualities for a wide range of applications
- PTA will result in a lower heat effected zone
- Computer automated, therefore ensuring a high degree of reproducibility
- PTA can provide a range of thickness overlays for 0.8mm to 5mm
- High impact resistant applications
- High corrosion or wear applications